Sunday, February 15, 2009

I can't wait for Chingay!!! :)

It's the time of the year again! Chingay!! When I was a kid, I loved this day because of the obvious attraction...SWEETS!!! Ever since I took part in this very meningful event, (My first participation was in 2003 and this year is my 6th year) be it behind-the-scene or parading with my face painted like u can never imagined, I have come to understand the true meaning of the event!! it's not just about the glamour looking parade but it's the faith in GOD that u see on every faces that makes it one of its kind...
The street parade is held on the 21st day of the first month in the lunar calendar... Everyone enjoyed the beautifully decorated floats and obviosly kids will be screaming their heads of to gain the attention of "fairies", ( I was one of them years ago...), that gives out sweets and other goodies to children...

Let me take you behind-the-scene,(not many ppl knows bout all the hardwork and perspiration)
BEHIND-THE-SCENE




Behind-the-scene : One of the decorated floats. Still under construction.


Have u seen so much aluminium foil being used at one time? and this is just part of it... and the reason is...





see!I've contributed my part!!


Me in the worksite.

A day b4 the parade, ppl gather at the temple to offer their prayings.



When I say ppl, it's actually ppl-sssss!
U can nvr imagined the amount of ppl in the incense-conjested temple!




A temporary food market put up with so much look-and-drool food!



One of my favourite stall!



Eager to see Chingay but u are on the other side of the world?
No worries! I'll keep my blog updated on the latest news and many more pic of the Chingay!
Hope you enjoyed it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home