Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

A year ago, Mother's Day was a devastating day for both my mum and me myself. It marks my first day of independence.

.....


10th May 2009

Today is the day where I'll be sent off to a "detention camp", where I'll be away from my family for the first time in such an "ulu" place. All connection with the outer world will be cut off, I'll not see my family in a very long time and I am 500km away from them. The very thought of it brings tears to my eyes. It is the day of independence. Yes, I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-C-E, the word that brings cheer and joy to many carries a total different meaning to me. I'll have to make new friends and acquaintances which is something I have not done in many years as I have almost the same friends for as long as I could remember. Well, there is some parts in between where new acquaintainces are made but all these are done in the presence of my many old friends, or maybe I shouldn't say friends, old counterparts. hahaha... Old counterparts that has bonded through many years of experinces in the same environment. Yea, new environment. Am I capable of adapting to it? Big doubt on myself.

....


one week of BRUTAL orientation...

....

A week later...

Eh, makan apa nanti?
Jom pergi cafe!!

Yes, I am suprised that I could adapt so well and made many new TRUE friends. =)
And I actually took part in the student council election. Serioously election man!! I actually gave a manifesto speech in front of more than 2000 paris of eyes. Up till this day, I cannot believe that I actaully did that. Yes, another fear concured. ANd here comes the day of election, REAL election booths were set up. OMG! What on earth have I sign up for?! But it was a sweet memory.

....

~2 months of being in detention camp~

comes the letter that change my life...

....

AND here I am...
In the "happening" city,
Where people pursue their dreams and everyone look so HAPPY here,
But I wasn't. Not a bit.
Here I am. Zombie-fied by tests, exams and assignments.
Scholars everywhere. NO true friends. Just competitive acquaintance. SMART=FRIEND, BAD RESULT= YOU SHOULDN'T BE HERE.
Here I am.

In a materialistic world.


Love,
Eva.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home